Sunday, April 7, 2013

March Travels

I feel at times like writing for this blog is somewhat misleading.  I tend to share the good times of life and our journey here, and leave out the struggles and difficulties.  But in truth I don't feel like writing about those times, we all have them, and they make the good times that much more sweet.

Holy week started early with a half day of school the friday before Palm Sunday because of the Colombia Bolivia World Cup qualifying game.  We had tickets.

Half time, Colombia 1 - Bolivia 0


Gol!

Full Time  Colombia 5 - Bolivia 0


After Spending the first half of Holy Week in Barranquilla with two days of planning at school, and lots of time swimming at the pool we headed down the coast to the towns of Tolu and Rincon del Mar. On Saturday we hired a boat to explore the islands
Every Good Saturday starts with a delicious breakfast


Dolphin playing around the boat
I could spend a few days here 
We did a little snorkeling, the picture doesn't do it justice, but it is worth showing

Langosta (Spiny Lobster)



Tara on the Beach

Lunch: Langosta, Arroz de Coco, patacones, ensalada

Knitting on the beach at the end of a great day

Not a fan

Parting shot.  Coconut limeade, it was better than the view


Epilogue:  We picked up some bug on the trip or on the way home.  Tara lost her breakfast in the middle of the hallway on Monday morning and promptly went home.  I kept my lunch down until I got home in the afternoon, then it was all over and we kept each other company in our misery as we stayed home Tuesday.  We managed to make it back to school on Wednesday and make it through the week.  Upon returning to school on Wednesday I was told by a student, "Mr. Van Loo, you know that you can be sick for more than a day"  I replied, "I know, but teachers are tough."



No comments:

Post a Comment